Wednesday, March 18, 2009

London I

This morning I went to the Southwick cathedral and wandered a bit. Walked by the Clink and the Globe but didn't go in 'cause I'm too cheap. I spent most of the morning at the Tate Modern, which is pretty incredible. As much as I like abstract impressionism for an aesthetic appeal, I think I'll always prefer classical enlightenment/renaissance for intellectual appeal. The Tate is nice, though, in that the captions for each work explain the symbolism and what it's trying to accomplish. Really helpful for people like me.

Met Emma for her lunch break and took a walk along the Thames. It seems all of London is under construction. So many cranes! We walked from London Bridge to the Eye. Danced with street performers and played games in the book market.

..London to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment