Friday, March 13, 2009

How do I pronounce æ and ø?

And, why is there no at sign on my keyboard? Makes logging into things difficult.

Anyhow, my forever long journey to Copenhagen is complete! I can't log into my hostel until 2, so that'll mean approx 48 hours with no sleep, but thats fine. God invented coffee for such situations.

It's pretty dismal out here, but I'm going to do some wandering anyway. It's just too bad that all my photos will look so sad. I need to walk after sitting in that plane for so long next to the champion knitter (the woman created an entire cableknit sweater!)

Copenhagen observations thus far:
Keyboards are frustrating.
There are so many bikes! My bike would love it here. There are bike lanes on EVERY street (not just randomly Q street NE, coughDCcough), and bike parking is EVERYWHERE. A lot of people don't even bother to lock up their bikes, or if they do, I'm not clever enough to figure out how.
It kinda looks like Switzerland. I'm prepared to be knocked out by adorableness.
The money is a bit heavy on the coins. I have so many coins now. I've been here 2 hours, and my wallet has gained about 20 pounds, and not in a *I have so much money* sort of way. Deceptive.
I either don't look American, or people are kind enough not to point it out, since everyone speaks to me in Danish. Which is scary, because I made flashcards, but I don't know how to pronounce them. Seriously, what kind of guide book comes with no pronunciation key? Valiant attempts to blend in with my 5 word vocabulary: fail.

Ok, I'm off to get my obligatory mermaid photo. Happy Friday morning!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment